– Welcome to Kaku, a “Gallery Residence” in the middle of the Kitanomine ski area of Furano ski resort.
“閣” (Kaku in Romaji) means a small pavillion or chamber, which in the old days was often used as the library or study of a traditional residence in which artwork was kept and sometimes shown to distinguished guests. This is Kaku’s concept.
The cosy living area of Kaku displays a small selection of original artworks by artists and craftsmen based in Furano. Reflecting the seasons, we bring the snow covered mountains of winter, and the rolling green hills and lavender fields of summer inside Kaku. There is not the formality of a traditional art gallery; rather, the artworks give Kaku a welcoming warmth, for each piece is a unique creation – born of the artist’s love and vision of the beauty of Furano and Hokkaido. We hope this gives you a pleasant stay and a memorable experience.
In the 2016-17 season, we are pleased and privileged to display the paintings of Mr. Katsumi Imai and the ceramic works of Mr. Yasutaka Otsuki, both of whom reside in Furano and have exhibited in a number of galleries throughout Japan. Further information about the artworks, artists and purchase arrangements will be available upon check-in.
In addition, we have collaborated with Sugiyama Coffee to bring you the “Be a Barista” experience. You will discover how to make a perfect cup of pour-over coffee during this exclusive experience, which begins with a hearty breakfast at 9am at Sugiyama Coffee located in downtown Furano. Then, guided by Sugiyama-san – the owner and barista of Sugiyama Coffee, you will have the opportunity to make your own cup of artisanal hand-pour coffee from quality single origin coffee beans sourced from the best coffee plantations in the world.
We prepare a small complimentary welcome hamper for guests who stay with us for an extended period (5 days or longer). Where possible, we will source organic and gluten-free products. We are pleased to discuss specific requests and tailor the welcome hamper to your needs.
Whilst Kaku continues to receive guests in spring and autumn (which beauty, in our opinion, equals the more popular winter and summer seasons), we also take advantage of these quieter times to collaborate with artists and the local community by utilising Kaku as a unique event space. This is our way of giving back to Furano.
We look forward to welcoming you to Furano and Kaku.
– uniquely decorated with local’s arts
Kaku - Exterior
Kaku - Bedroom 1
Kaku - Bedroom 2
Kaku - Living
Kaku - Living
FACILITY & SERVICES
– for your comfortable holiday in Furano
2 bedroom apartments
1 double bed in the 1st room
2 single beds in the 2nd room
1 toilet and 1 bathroom
Capacity 4 people
Living / Dining / KitchenTV / Refrigerator / Air-conditioning / Heater / Laundry machine with drying function / Toaster / Rice cooker / Hot water pot / Basic kitchen appliances / Microwave oven / Hair dryer
Amenities & Other FeaturesBed linens / Towel / Bath towel / Shampoo / Body soap / Dish & Laundry detergents / No-smoking / Car parking / Wifi internet
Meet & Greet
Meet & Greet at bus stops & JR train st.
Free pick up available
* Arrival information needed
Concierge & SupportMost of the arrangements available while you are staying in Furano Emergency support available in case of any accidental event
28,000yen/unit/night ( Low season )
40,000yen/unit/night ( Mid season )
50,000yen/unit/night ( High season )
55,000yen/unit/night ( 25 Dec – 03 Jan / 28 Jan – 04 Feb )
- 5 nights as minimum staying nights
- Tax and Service charges are included
- Additional fees attached for the weekends and the national holidays
- Low season 23 Nov – 06 Dec & 19 Mar – closed
- Mid season 07 – 17 Dec & 19 Feb – 18 Mar
- High season 18 Dec – 18 Feb (except 25 Dec – 03 Jan / 28 Jan – 04 Feb)
– near from all the things you need for your holiday
Kaku is located
- in the main hotel area in Furano
- 5 min. walk to the ski course
- 150m from the bus stop (Hotel Bell Hills)
- a few min. walk to several dinings and bars
- 7 min. drive from JR Furano station (3km)
Address 13-29 Kitanomine Furano Hokkaido Japan 0760034
Furano Information Websites
HotelFurano.com for Furano Accommodation Information / PropertyFurano.com for Furano Real Estate Information
LavenderFurano.com for Furano Summer Information / SnowFurano.com for Furano Winter Information
– first come, first serve to hold the best holiday place in Furano
Kaku - Information
- ADDRESS 13-29 Kitanomine Furano Hokkaido Japan 0760034
- PHONE +81 167 22 3667
(All About Furano office)
- E-MAIL email@example.com
- SKYPE / LINE / WeChat aafurano
- WhatsApp / Viber +81 80 9619 8885